Friday, January 13, 2012

Preaching the Cross



There has been something on my mind as of late and I hope to share it with you on a future post.  For now I will share an excerpt from Ray Comfort's blog which is related to what has been on my mind. Enjoy.  

"A friend and I went open air preaching recently at a local college (we have special permission not only to preach, but to film for our TV program--from the school’s Chief of Police). While my friend Tony was preaching, someone politely introduced himself and asked, “Do you think Jesus would have done this?” I said, “He did. Haven’t you read the gospels?” He was quick to say, “No He didn’t! He just drew people to Himself.” I said, “Okay, Tony will be finished in a moment, so you can get up on the soapbox and show us how you do it. We will sit at your feet and learn.” He responded, “Oh, I don’t do it that way. I just wear a cross.” I asked, “Do youspeak to people about the reality of Hell, and how they need a Savior?” He said that he didn’t, so I told him that I liked the way Tony did it, better than the way that he didn’t do it.  It was no surprise to find that he hadn’t read his Bible for three weeks, and it was easy to understand why he believed as he did.  If I was ignorant of the Holy Scripture and if I didn’t care about people going to Hell, I would probably confine my evangelism to wearing a cross. But instead I must carry one."

No comments:

Post a Comment